Skip to main content
Banner Image

Minor Fire at YPH Site

Emergency services attended a localised fire at the YPH Recycling centre in Yeovil on Friday 5th October 2018. The fire started at 19.25hrs in the picking line area, the cause from initial investigation appears to have been a damaged Lithium Ion battery possibly from a damaged mobile telephone that had been left in the waste stream. This highlights the dangers of discarding battery units into general waste. Fortunately no-one was injured and the fire was contained in a relatively small area. Following a clean-up over the weekend the site is once again fully operational, our thanks to the professionalism of the local emergency services who attended.

Back to News Centre